Living with Wildlife – The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife has over 30 fact sheets designed to help landowners live with the mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles that share their land. Each fact sheet begins by describing the animal and includes information on their feeding behavior, breeding, and habitat. The fact sheets also provide information on attracting the species and resolving conflicts.
WSU Extension Classes, Seminars and Workshops
2014 Forest Stewardship Coached Planning Class – Your Land, Your Trees, Your Goals: Whether you have a few acres of woods or a large tract, this class is for you and will help you get the most out of your land! Topics include tree health, attracting/repelling wildlife, soil types, weeds, and how to get a fair price for your logs.
- Whatcom County – Thursday nights March 13th to May 1, 2014; 6:00 to 9:00 pm at the Rome Grange, 2821 Mt Baker Hwy, Bellingham, WA 98226. For additional information call 425-357-6017.
- Interactive webinar – Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 9:00 pm beginning April 23th. For additional information call 425-357-6017.
Current Tax Use Seminar – This free seminar covers current tax use programs that are available to small forest landowners. There is no charge for this seminar, but pre-registration is required. Space is strictly limited and is first come, first served. To register, contact Lauren Grand at 425-357-6023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall City – Tuesday April 8, 2014 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Fall City Library, 33415 SE 42nd Pl, Fall City, WA 98024.
Forest Pruning and Thinning – Learn how to thin and prune your woodlands to improve their development, reduce fuels and improve aesthetics.
- Tonasket – Saturday April 5, 2014 at the Fire Springs Ranch. Registration is first come, first served.
Shitake Mushroom Cultivation – Learn how to grow gourmet mushrooms in your woods! This hands on workshop will guide you through cultivating the mushrooms, with each participant receiving a small alder log to drill, plug, and wax. Participants will also learn about other mushrooms that they can grow and receive information on where to buy plug spawn. Pre-registration is required!
- Greenbank – A morning and an afternoon session will be held Saturday April 12, 2014, with each session limited to 35 people. The sessions cost $35.00 before 3/15 and $45 after 3/15.